Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Attempt At Day 1

I thought I was doing so well... but I fucking miscalculated.


Goal was to have less than 50g carbs and then start cutting back from there.


I got up just before 6am (ugh) and was hungry by 10am. The rest of the day didn't go too bad food wise (or so I thought). Gym was awesome, had a blast at Zumba and the muscle pump class. Went swimming after for only 20 min, knee kept locking up. Home, ate some more, and chilled out in my room.


Day was long and full at work. Kept going mentally, and it was nice to dress up instead of in the stupid uniform (not bad overall... I just hate the tan pants). Tomorrow is a meeting day and I'll be dressed up again.


Soooo.... food today:

Yogurt (7.5g carbs, 35cal) at around 10am.

Shrimp spring roll (http://www.bentosushi.com/products.asp?bid=7) for 94 cals and 13g carbs (and I thought the sauce was included in that but I just saw further down that they have it on the side for 90cals and 23g carbs... FML...)

Steamed veggies: 100cals and 12g carbs (I miscalculated this one.. I accidently left the portion size as half)

salad with Kraft low cal dressing: 3g carbs (the salad is pretty much just lettuce and spinach) and 35cals.

Clover Leaf Tuna in the salad: 110 cals, 2g carbs (and sooo filling!!!!)

That lot was all spaced out over the afternoon, the salad being eaten around 4pm.

After the gym I had half a campbells italian wedding soup (15g carbs and 130cals.)

1 piece of 90% Lindt chocolate (OMG, you want to hate chocolate? Try a piece of that shit) 60cals and 3g carbs. I'm going to force myself to eat that whenever I have a chocolat craving. Holy fuck is it gross. I swear it sucked all the moisture out of my mouth.

5 almonds (50cals, 2g carbs)

a VERY small handfull of raisins (30cals and 6g carbs.. fuck...all fruit has to GO!!!)

2 cups of tea (2g carbs thanks to the milk)

Starbucks Cafe Americano with 2 equal as splenda packs are 1g carbs each.


It all ended up working out t0 around 65g carbs and 666 cals (oohhhhhh... evil~!!! lol), and just the swimming and Zumba was about 400 cals burned off, not including the muscle pump class.


So not low enough on the carbs. I need to be under 50g for 3 days. Plan for tomorrow:


Yogurt sometime in the morning.

Lunch of salad and tuna, and steamed veggies.

Late afternoon snack of fat free cottage cheese with cucumber in it (maybe tomato but I think they're high carb)

Take a pepsi max for a sweet treat (0 cals, 0 sugar, 0 carbs and actually tastes good)

Go for either a run (meh) or gym (preferred!) then home. Finish the soup from today and tea.


41g carbs ifI don't have any almonds or anything.


I did some googling and ketosis is supposed to kick in within 20-60g of carbs. I'm SOL today, but will be right on for tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday will both be low days as I usually eat way less those days anyways, and having just tuna and salad for lunch on Saturday, followed by a 90cal salmon steak and steamed broccoli (the other stuff has higher carbs coz it's got a stupid lemon sauce but it's convenient for work) should put me well below 500cals and around the 20g carb. Sunday I'll maybe fast again. Not sure yet. That or just soup, so aroun 20g carbs. Then by monday I should be starting to see effects.


We'll see:)

1 comment:

kes said...

An 85g tomato (I'm guessing that's a medium sized one?) has 3g of carbs. Cherry tomatoes (the little round ones) have .7g carbs each. So you could probably have a little tomato if you want. Tomatoes don't have as much sugar as fruits so they are lower in carbs. And it sounds like that dark chocolate took care of that chocolate craving. I just eat straight cocoa powder because that's what there is in the house. Keep going to the zumba and muscle pump classes. The more calories you burn the easier the weight will come off. :)