Monday, April 11, 2011

Witness

Busy day today, work, gym, check on the cats, witness an accident....


I'm super tired. Was when I woke up. Made it through the day denying all treats and I'm pretty damn happy with that. I ate my salad and 2 yogurts with a tea this morning, vitamin water and a decaffinated tea in the afternoon as I'd just had the Lipo 6 pill. Ended up eating the rice cake on the way to the gym as I was just so damn hungry.


Zumba was awesome, some interesting bollywood music and moves which was awesome. Very full class but I managed to keep up mostly so it actually felt like a bit of a workout. Did legs next and did something to my hip doing the deadlifts. It was really fucked, like my legs were going numb. Staying away from the deadlifts until someone can instruct me in the correct positioning. Sucks... need to do some more lifting on leg day 1 then. Did a 10min sprint at the end then off to check on the cats quickly. Swung by stupidstore where I bought cat food (I had to, they were out!), 2 bananas and 33c worth of almonds from the bulk section. I ate 5 of them and one banana.


On the way home I watched a car fly through an intersection and hit a cab, sending the cab ass over front at least 3 times. That 'thunk' of the cars hitting will be in my head for a while. It was pretty uncool. Kids (3 boys... 18-20?) got out of the car which was completely smashed up at the front, tire flat, gas leaking all over the place. Cab driver was upside down unconscious. I parked, hit the hazards and ran over with my phone but realised that a bunch of others had their phones also. Some youger guy shoved his phone at me and I ended up talking to the emergency call center people while some other dumb assed chick was running around screaming that she was already on the phone with the police so why was everyone else? It's not like you hang up when they tell you not to hang up. There were people wanting to move the car, get the driver out etc. Only thing we could do was crawl in and turn off the vehicle coz it was still running and letting out all sorts of shit, again gas everywhere. Driver came too, fire department got him out. Kid that was driving went to the hospital with his hysterical mom that showed up, and the cops tried to get rid of the people standing around watching even though they were not witnesses asked to stick around. I left after the cop talked to me about what I saw.


I wish I knew how the driver was. Those kids are going to be sore tomorrow but they're alive. Cab driver, dunno...


But time to try and wind down, need sleep so I can repeat today's sucesses (minus car accidents) and go for some hard core gym time. Leg day tomorrow....

No comments: